Monday, September 20, 2010

The Wonderful World of Cats and Kids

Parents will tell you that having children can lead to some very funny moments. They range from mild giggle inducing to a literal on the floor, my stomach hurts I'm laughing so hard. Pet owners will tell you the same. So what happens when you have both? Pure entertainment.

Today I had planned on doing a blog about names and nicknames. But as I was brainstorming how to start, one of my cats plopped himself down up against my feet and began whipping my shins with his tail. This is just one of his many ways of letting me know he now requires my attention. So it got me thinking about the joys of parenting, whether it be actual children or "furr babies".

I have 2 children, Amethyst (9) and Mykayla (4). I also have 2 furr children. Mogli the Jungle Boy (approx 3) and Irridessa the Light Fairy (approx 2).
                                                  Me and my girls

                                                                         Irridessa

                                                                   Mogli


All 4 of my babies have very different personalities. Amethyst is a slightly awkward, outgoing people pleaser with a touch of girly. Mykayla is the bulldozer (or enforcer to quote a title used by a family member that has a daughter with a similar personality). Mogli is the independent thinking, daddy's boy. He also happens to be an excellent mouser. Irridessa is the attention whore. There is really no other way to put it. She is the one that will climb on you and lick your face at 3am if there is something she wants (and sometimes that "something" is just to announce her grand entrance into your presence).

All 4 are pretty entertaining by themselves. When 2 or more are together, it can be down right hilarious. Lots of chasing, tagging, yelling and hissing. And the cats are pretty crazy too, lol. Mogli is the most ungraceful cat I have ever seen. A good giggle can be had when swinging his "feather tail" toy and watching him flop around attempting to catch it. He is constantly trying to walk along the back of the couch or headboard, which leads to him usually falling on one of us. It's pretty hilarious, when it's not you that is. Mogli is a big boy and does not ever land lightly. Irridessa is a licker. She will lick anything! People, walls, windows, plastic bags, boxes, the list goes on, haha. There are also lots of sweet moments. The 2 kitties are known as "The Lovers" around here, because they will cuddle up and groom each other. It's so cute to watch them being sweet together (don't worry, they're fixed, so no teeny babies). They also like to lay with the girls when they are not feeling well, which is why we sometimes refer to them as "Medicine Kitties".

I admit, there are times that all 4 drive me nutty. Being woken up in the middle of a deep sleep is no fun, no matter if it's by a crying child or cat sprinting across your head. But, I wouldn't change it for anything :). My life is never boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment