Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Busy Weekend! Harry Connick Jr. and Sicky Children

This last weekend was very busy. On Saturday, Amee woke up stuffy with a scratchy throat and low grade fever. Oh yeah! First cold of the new school year. I'm so looking forward to homeschooling her again starting next year. It really limits the amounth of nasties that get trailed through the house. The good news is that Amee has a fantastic immune system. Most doctors will tell you that children in school will get sick 6-12 times a year (some docs say 6-8, some say 10-12). Amee gets sick 1-3 times a year and she's usually over it in a day or two :). Unfortunately she shared the nastiness with her little sister, who doesn't handle illness with the same flare as Amee. This led to me be woken up at 3am Monday morning by a screaming 4 year old with a fever of 101.2. Thankfully she is doing much better today.

Saturday I was by myself with the kids. I had planned on cleaning and getting caught up with laundry, but Amee took up a lot of my time. Because she doesn't get sick very often, she gets pretty needy when she's not feeling well. Ryan was at work all day, running a charity tennis tournament. I am so very proud of him for making it so successful. Ryan is the manager at a high end luxury apartment complex right on Lake Washington. The tennis tournament had 4 teams. The tennis pros (don't remember the exact name of the group), Seattle Children's Hospital, Microsoft and a team representing the property. He also arranged for Susan G. Komen for the Cure to be the charity sponsor. It went great! This was the first charity event he had to organize and I'm so glad it went well. Just wish I could have been there to be the supportive wife, but sometimes my mommy job comes first.

Sunday night was really special. We went to the Chatuea St. Michelle Winery to see Harry Connick Jr. He is my favorite artist and it was an amazing night! Totally worth getting rained on, lol (at least it wasn't cold). What an absolutely incredible entertainer. It was an early Anniversary/Christmas present to each and was definitely the best date we've had so far. We had wonderful seats and had a great view of everything. It was just so wonderful to be in the arms of the man I love, sharing something I absolutely love with him.

All in all, it was a very busy, but very enjoyable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment