Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why I Love My Husband...

A friend of mine posted about why she appreciates her husband and it got me thinking about all the things I love about Ryan.

1. He makes me smile. Everyday. It's no exaggeration. Everyday he finds a way to make me smile. Some days are easy, other days he works really hard. But he doesn't give up until he gets that smile.

2. He does everything he can to allow me the ability to stay home. He knows it's important to me, especially since Mykayla cannot be in public school or daycare due to her Fibromyalgia. He even told me the other day that he was looking at getting a second seasonal job to pull in some extra money (unfortunately nothing is available right now that works with our schedules, but the fact that he looked was touching).

3. Like me, he has no desire to "own" a house at this time. We both believe that you do not need a mortage to have a home. Home is what you make with your family.

4. He has been there for Mykayla since she first got sick. He takes time off to go to important doctors appointments. He lays with her on the couch when she doesn't feel good. He even gets up with her in the middle of the night (which thankfully has not been happening as much).

5. He helps Amee when she is struggling with boys or friends or life in general. Basically, he is just a really good dad, which can be difficult sometimes when you have 2 girls.

6. He makes me feel loved everyday.

7. He helps me around the house when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

8. He watches the girls and gets them into bed at night so that I can go to the gym.

9. He has the same problem with not liking the feeling of being "stuck" somewhere for long periods of time.

10. He loves me because of my oddness, not inspite of it.

11. He rubs my feet when they swell and my back and shoulders when they hurt.

12. He lets me lay down and take a break from everything whenever life starts to get to be too overwhelming.

13. He is completely supportive of me trying to lose weight and my work out regiment.

14. He keeps me on budget, while also letting me splurge on occasion.

15. He cares about my safety. I had to take the girls to a doctor appointment by myself, when it started hailing bad. He called me to make sure I got there safely. I have driving anxiety and he doesn't make me drive if I'm feeling uncomfortable with it.

16. We've been together for over 4 years and he still brings me flowers.


I know that there are many more things I could list, but now I have children yelling at and around me, so I can't think anymore lol. But you get the idea, my husband is awesome and I am very lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment