Thursday, December 16, 2010

Insomnia- The Sanity Killer

What's worse than an adult with insomia? A child with insomnia!

Last night I was feeling great. I started using an energy suppliment recommended by my trainer, along with a suppliment to help maintain and recover my muscles after a hard workout. So after my workout, I felt fantastic! I got home about 9:20pm and jumped in the shower. After my wonderful shower, I called for the hubby to.... um..... join me in the bedroom ;). And that's when I heard it, a little voice calling "Mommy" from the girl's bedroom. CRAP! The girls go to bed between 8 and 8:30, it was now after 9:30 and Mickey had already take 5mg of melatonin. But when I opened the door, there she was all bright eyed and way too awake for 9:30 at night. We convinced her to go back to bed and I hoped that would be the end of it. But an hour later she was complaining of needing to use the bathroom.

After that, I figured she has to be too exhausted to stay awake any longer. But of course, now I'm all worried about her and not tired myself. I took my melatonin around 11ish hoping sleepiness would soon follow. Coming up on midnight I decide to call it quits. I turn on the monitor and I hear Mickey talking. SHE WAS STILL AWAKE!!!! I gave her a second melatonin and remind her to be quiet and go to sleep (the last thing I needed was her waking up Amee).

The rest of the night was pretty much me listening to her toss and turn, causing me to toss and turn as well. I'm thinking it's highly unlikely we got more than 2 hours of sleep. Oh well, such is life I suppose :/. Tonight is another night and hopefully it will be filled with peaceful silence and blissful dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment