Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Learned Something New Tonight

If you are using the "quick start" on an elliptical, it cuts you off at 30 minutes! lol

I had no freaking idea!

Since I started back at the gym in July, I've been using the "quick start" on the elliptical. It's just easier, punch in your weight, push the button, then crank up the resistance to your desired level (mine is currently 12-15 depending on how I'm feeling). I would just go until I felt I had to stop, usually because my feet would start to lose feeling (I have poor circulation). I always had to stop before 30 minutes. But tonight, I was going along, feeling good, enjoying my music, reading a magazine, when I notice the resistance dissapears! So I check and sure enough it switched me to "cool down" mode at 28 minutes. I kept going, figuring it would just let me go like some treadmills do, but NO, it stopped at 30 minutes. I looked at the screen and said (a little louder than planned) "Did I say you could stop!?!" Ya, that was a bit embarassing lol, but at least the few remaining gym patrons got a good laugh.

But now I am quite proud of myself! It looks like I will actually have to start setting a time on the elliptical :). It's the little things in life that bring me joy.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Chickie! Keep up the fantastic moves and keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete